Ranking the Top Pinterest Luxury Fashion Brands by Followers, Organic Buzz, and Engagement
By using Tailwind’s Pinterest Analytics Tool, we tracked a few of your favorite luxury fashion brands on Pinterest during the fourth quarter of 2012 to try and figure out the keys to their success.
As with both the Pinterest Restaurant Infographic and the Pinterest Retail Fashion Infographic,we chose 6 of the top luxury fashion brands on Pinterest and pitted them against each other in 3 main categories:
- Audience (who has the most Pinterest followers and who’s growing the fastest?)
- Buzz (who is the Pinterest community talking about most?)
- Engagement (which brand’s pins are getting the most repins, likes, and comments?)
Read on to find out which luxury fashion brands are doing well on Pinterest – and why!
- Gucci saw an amazing growth rate of 166%, growing from barely over 3,000 followers in October to over 8,000 followers at the end of December.
- Although Burberry ended 2012 with over 26,000 followers on Pinterest, they had the second slowest growth rate (albeit still impressive at 86%).
- While Burberry leads the pack on Brand Mentions, Gucci proves that having a large follower count doesn’t necessary lead to a brand generating organic buzz on Pinterest.
- So why does Gucci have so many Brand Mentions? Gucci unveiled a “Pinnable” banner ad in October which allowed users to pin either the ad itself or the products featured directly from the banner to their Pinterest page.
- How we measure buzz: We track how often a brand is mention by all Pinterest users. Brand Mentions are pins generated organically from a brand’s website, like when someone uses their “pin-it” browser bookmarklet.
- Each of the brands have incredibly high engagement rates ranging from 92% to 99.5%, proving a simple conclusion: luxury fashion brands are popular on Pinterest (duh).
- However, the engagement rate doesn’t tell the whole story. While Louis Vuitton did have the highest engagement rate (99.5%), they only pinned 200 times at the end of 2012 (a wasted opportunity, if you ask us).
Who we’re most impressed with:
Look below: Can you find the brand that pinned over 2,000 times and still maintained a 99% engagement rate?
Melissa Megginson is resident Community Manager and Cat Lady at Tailwind, the leading Pinterest & Instagram tool for brands. Melissa specializes in affiliate marketing, public speaking, and making our members look good. Find her on Twitter and Instagram at @MelMegg.