What makes these fast-casual dining chains the top restaurants on Pinterest?
The infographic shows the top Pinterest restaurant brands by Followers, Buzz and Engagement.
Using PinLeague’s Pinterest Analytics Tool, we tracked many of your favorite fast-casual dining restaurants on Pinterest in 2012.
In the end, we picked 6 of the top restaurants on Pinterest and pitted them against each other in 3 main categories:
- Audience (who has the most Pinterest followers and who’s growing the fastest?)
- Buzz (who is the Pinterest community talking about most?)
- Engagement (which brand’s pins are getting the most repins, likes, and comments?)
Let’s start at the beginning and work our way down..
- From the Follower Growth graph, it’s easy to see that Panera Bread held a lead throughout Q4 and still has the most total Pinterest followers.
- However, underdog Maggiano’s jumped from a distant 4th place to a close 2nd in just a few short months.
- The secret to Maggiano’s rise: Frequent promotion of their weekly “Pin It to Win It” contests. You can see when their campaigns ran based on the large 1-2 day follower gains.
- First, how we measure Buzz: We track how often a brand is mentioned by all Pinterest users. Brand Mentions are pins generated organically from a brand’s website, like when someone uses their “pin-it” browser bookmarklet.
- What the numbers tell us: You don’t need the most followers to generate the most buzz. With only 300 followers, Applebee’s earned more organic brand mentions than their competitors on Pinterest.
- The secret to Applebee’s popularity: a visually appealing, pinnable menu on their website including buttons to pin menu items.
- All Hail! With an incredibly high engagement rate of 98% and over 10,000 repins, we’re crowning Panera Bread as the reigning king of engagement for restaurants on Pinterest.
- A 98% Engagement Rate?! This means that 98% of Panera’s pins have at least 1 repin, like or comment. Not only is that impressive on its own, but it’s especially striking in comparison to the other Pinterest restaurants we tracked.
Want to see how you stack up on Pinterest against your competitors?
Melissa Megginson is resident Community Manager and Cat Lady at Tailwind, the leading Pinterest & Instagram tool for brands. Melissa specializes in affiliate marketing, public speaking, and making our members look good. Find her on Twitter and Instagram at @MelMegg.