Although Karmaloop had previously seen great success with PinLeague’s Audience Engine, they were looking for a way to grow their audience and revenue from Pinterest to an even greater amount. With PinMail, PinLeague’s socially powered email marketing tool, Karmaloop saw great success in under one month!
Setting up the Campaign
Starting with a 750,000 user email list, PinLeague found 93,600 Pinterest users and split them into 18representative cohorts:
- Users divided evenly into cohort A, B, and control
- Proportionally split by gender: Female (68%), Male (17%), and Unknown (15%)
There were a total of 6 sends during campaign, customized to each cohort – 2 invitations, 4 product- focused emails. Campaign ran from November 12 to December 5.
- The first email invited users to follow Karmaloop on Pinterst
- The following 5 sends promoted the “Top 6 Pins” from Karmaloop’s Pinterest Page
The Results: Pinterest
One of Karmaloop’s goals with the campaign was to build their Pinterest community. Our campaign met and exceeded these goals.
- Audience Growth:
- Average monthly growth of 419%
- Follower count went from 4,560 to 6,606
- Engagement Growth:
- Average monthly repin growth of 224%
- Repin count went from 35,630 to 41,842
- Total engagement on Pinterest went from 88% to 94%
Throughout the campaign, Karmaloop was able to keep track of their amazing growth with PinLeague’s Industry leading Analytics Suite.
The Results: Off Pinterest
However, Karmaloop’s main goal for the campaign was to drive traffic to their site and increase revenue from Pinterest. The campaign managed to do that with impressive results.
- Traffic Increases:
- Average monthly growth of 22%
- Site traffic grew from 114,030 to 139,320
- Revenue Increases:
- Average monthly growth of 204%
- Revenue grew from $5,145 to $15,656
With socially targeted email marketing from PinMail by PinLeague, Xyron was able to grow at a pace they never thought imaginable. To start your campaign click here and fill out the form provided.
Melissa Megginson is resident Community Manager and Cat Lady at Tailwind, the leading Pinterest & Instagram tool for brands. Melissa specializes in affiliate marketing, public speaking, and making our members look good. Find her on Twitter and Instagram at @MelMegg.