Is it just me, or is it getting hot 👏 in 👏 here? Maybe it’s the heat waves blazing in or the fact that it’s National Grilling Month, but summertime has never felt better.
If you’re stuck in the heatwave and you’re wanting some quick and easy July content ideas so you can use more of your time immersed in cold water or sipping lemonade, then look no further because I have everything you need right here.
From National Ice Cream Month to the International Day of Friendship, here are some ideas on how to bring this festive content to your account. 😘
Now, let’s dive in, shall we?
July is the month of…
- World Watercolor Month
- This marks a monthly celebration of watercolor art and that specific creative medium.
- National Culinary Arts Month
- This month we honor the culinary masters who bring exciting and enriching flavor combinations to our taste buds. This celebration encourages chefs, bakers, and grillers alike to think outside the box and create something new.
- National Grilling Month
- For over a decade, July has been named the National Grilling Month, giving you plenty of excuses to fire up the grill and cook some meat and veggies on the ol’ barbie.
- National Hot Dog Month
- Hot dogs have become an American staple, and this month is a great opportunity to showcase this nostalgic food. Whether it’s throwing some on the grill or having a whole hot dog-themed buffet with all kinds of toppings, you can’t go wrong with some hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dogs! 😎
- National Ice Cream Month
- A whole month dedicated to the celebration of one of the greatest desserts on the planet. 🌎 Ronald Regan declared July National Ice Cream Month to give deserved praise to that cold nectar from the gods.
- National Picnic Month
- Whether you’re tailgating, having a meal outside with the family, or snacking in the grass, National Picnic Month gives you all the more reason to get some Vitamin D while you’re eating.
July Monthly Post Ideas
- For World Watercolor Month, you can go to a watercolor art class, make a painting, and show a creative side your audience may not have known you had. You could even do a Reel or Story of you painting the entire piece in fast motion. 🏃
- Cook a new recipe in honor of National Culinary Arts Month! You can post the meal in your feed with a brief description of the new connotation and how it turned out.
- National Grilling Month is the perfect excuse to invite some friends over for an outdoor party! Just imagine all the content you could repurpose, from food safety tips to cannonballing in the pool or sipping that spiked lemonade. The world (of repurposable content) is your oyster.
- Try the craziest flavor of ice cream you can find and use #NationalIceCreamMonth. Or, you can post a scoop of the most popular flavor, vanilla. Either way, you don’t need to ask me twice to celebrate this holiday!
Important Weeks in July
- Week of Major League All-Star Baseball Game July 12 – 18
- This week kicks off the events leading up to the All-Star Game between the American League and National League.
- Captive Nations Week July 18 – 24
- This week is meant to bring public awareness to nations across the world that are still oppressed by communism.
- National Parenting Gifted Children Week July 18 – 24
- An educational week geared toward raising awareness on healthy parenting alternatives for naturally gifted and exceptionally bright children. 🌞
- National Zoo Keeper Week July 18 – 24
- A celebratory week for zookeepers who protect and preserve endangered animals and habitats.
July Weekly Post Ideas
- Educate yourself on nations that are still under communist reign, and reshare accounts in your Stories that spread awareness and ways we can help.
- Go to a Baseball game, or throw a baseball theme party the start off the All-Star Games.
- Share your favorite holistic parenting tips and accounts for mindful parenting and self-awareness.
- Take a trip to the zoo for National Zoo Keeper Week and post a selfie with your favorite animal, along with a random fact about that species.
Important Days in July
July 1, 2021 – International Joke Day
- Have you been looking for an excuse to post your favorite joke? Well, wait no longer, because this is it!
July 2, 2021 – World UFO Day
- Are you a conspiracy theorist, or do you believe in extraterrestrial life? 👽
July 4, 2021 – Independence Day
- America’s day of Independence from Britain, declaring America as a free country!
July 6, 2021 – National Kissing Day 😚
- This holiday isn’t only for couples. Kiss yourself and spread a little self-love. ↓
July 7, 2021 – World Chocolate Day 🍫
July 10, 2021 – National Kitten Day 🐈
- The prime opportunity to post a throwback photo of your favorite cat as a wee little kitten.
July 11, 2021 – National Free Slurpee Day
- The gas station 7/11 gives free Slurpees on the date 7/11.
July 14, 2021 – National Mac and Cheese Day
- Um, yum. Let’s all eat a giant bowl of mac and cheese.
July 18, 2021 – National Ice Cream Day
- In my opinion, this is one of the best holidays.
July 18, 2021 – Nelson Mandela International Day
- “It’s easy to break down and destroy. The heroes are those who make peace and build.” -Nelson Mandela.
July 20, 2021 – National Moon Day
July 24, 2021 – National Cousins Day
July 25, 2021 – National Wine and Cheese Day 🍷 🧀
July 30, 2021 – International Day of Friendship
- Shout out to your friends with whom you can be your whole self and encourage you to keep showing up as a better version of yourself.
July Daily Post Ideas
- Share in your Stories why you do or don’t believe in aliens on World UFO Day.
- Post a cheesy kissing pic to celebrate National Kissing Day, along with a few reasons why you love that person. This holiday isn’t limited to couples either, kiss your best friend on the cheek or your fur baby to show that platonic love is just as special.
- Try different types of chocolate from around the world in your Stories on World Chocolate Day.
- Share a Nelson Mandela quote and give a brief history of the first Black president of South Africa who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993 for his revolutionary activism and philanthropism.
- Have a wine and cheese picnic to kill two birds with one stone, celebrating National Wine and Cheese Day and National Picnic Month.
- Get a free Slurpee from the 7/11 gas station! With the heatwave, you could bring one to a homeless person who may need to cool down.
Ask not what July can do for you, but what you can do for July…
… by spreading awareness to some of these lesser-known holidays.
July may be packed full of summer festivities and celebrations, but with some pre-planned content, you can make sure your A-Team consistency doesn’t take a back burner. These holidays offer a full spectrum of events, some silly, some delicious, and some more serious. Pick and choose what works best within your niche, and add some variety to your feed!
Followers love seeing other sides to an account, and these holidays can be great opportunities to show parts of yourself they may not usually see. Whether it’s your hosting skills for a neighborhood grilling party, your favorite obscure ice cream flavor, your activism for human rights, or your favorite cheesy joke. July has plenty of excuses to show dynamics and depth your audience may not know you possess.
Use the month of July to peel back some layers, and with the heatwave, it can be in more than one way! 🏊
Until next time, friends!
Psst! This Pin was made in seconds with Tailwind Create. Try it for yourself!
Lauren Noble is a Content Marketer at Tailwind who has been published on Scary Mommy! Lauren owns her own Astrology and Human Design business, Noble Guidance, and lives in Oklahoma City with her two daughters, Madelyn and Roz, and their cuddly cat Theo Moon.