In this post, we look at the Pinterest Pins that performed best last February to help you understand what you should be Pinning this month.
We analyzed all of the Pins from Tailwind members from February of last year and Pinned the ones that received the most Repins to our 11 “trends” boards – one board for each of the 11 most popular Pinterest categories.
We Pinned to these boards in the chronological order that the Pins were published, so Pins at the bottom of the board are from earlier in the month and Pins at the top are from later in the month. Only the Pins on the board between the Pins that feature the text “What to Pin in February” and “What to Pin in January” relate to Pins that were popular last February.
What Tailwind’s “Trends” Boards Can Teach You
- Perfect your seasonal timing so that you’re creating content at the right time of year
- Uncover popular trends referenced by last year’s Pins and recreate their success by referencing this year’s equivalent trends
- Observe the color pallets that work in the different categories at different times of year
- Observe seasonal trends in Pin aesthetics: text overlays, aspect ratios and photography
- Find seasonal keywords in Pin descriptions that may generate Pinterest search traffic
Video Discussing February:
What To Pin in February
- If you have any leftover Valentine’s Day content, Pin it at the very beginning of the month. That way it can have a bit of time to find anyone searching for last minute ideas!
- Pinners are looking toward spring and warmer weather. The colors are brighter and less muted than they’ve been in the past.
- Easter was a big focus in February of last year, but it was also two weeks earlier in 2016 than it will be in 2017. While it’s still a good idea to be on top of trends, it’s also important to pay attention to when those moving holidays pop up.
Important Keywords: Easter, plant, pattern, wreath, organize, mason jar, flower pot, tutorial
Important Keywords: Easter, STEM, craft, grade-specific (eg. 1st grade, 2nd grade), animals (eg. fish, penguin)
Important Keywords: diet specific (eg. Paleo, low-carb), crockpot, pasta, quinoa, Asian-inspired dishes
Important keywords: DIY, cat-eye makeup, essential oils, ombre, blonde
Important keywords: Yoga, challenge, squats, workout, lose fat, food lists
Important keywords: Easter, bunny, eggs, party, shower, Valentine’s, rainbow
Important keywords: Makeover, rustic, DIY, teen, organize, fixer-upper, modern, laundry room
Important keywords: Crafts, DIY, learning Easter, bunny, egg, toddler, science project
Important keywords: European cities, must-try/must-visit/must-see, lists, carry on
Important keywords: Flowers, lace, pastel colors, rustic, wedding favors, centerpiece
Important keywords: Floral, plus size, casual, work wear, ripped jeans, summer/spring
Other “What to Pin” Posts
Check out other posts like this in our “What to Pin When” category.
Download our printable 2017 Pinterest and Instagram Content Calendars
Want to know what to Pin next month?
Signup for our email newsletter to get future blog posts like this, and notifications about our Facebook Live events, delivered straight to your inbox.
Tailwind’s Pinterest scheduling and analytics tool has helped more than 100,000 bloggers and marketers to master Pinterest. With lightning quick Pin scheduling, a smart calendar that gets more engagement for every Pin, and actionable analytics, we make growing on Pinterest easy.