Marketers write daily. It could be as simple as a text message, social media posts, an email, a thank you note, or even just a list of reminders.
With the emergence of AI writer software powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP), it’s not surprising that more and more content writers and creators all over the world are now using them in many aspects of their creative process — consistently producing well-written content.
While AI writing tools are far from being the silver bullet that will replace human writers entirely, they can help you with the creative process.
From helping you brainstorm ideas for content writing or research topics to helping you edit your work to creating high-quality content, there’s no question that an AI writing assistant might just be the perfect solution for you.
In this post, we’ll show you some of the best paid and free AI writer software solutions out there. Read on to learn more about them and find out our top AI content generators for 2023.
How Do AI Writers Work?
In a nutshell, AI content generators are trained using vast databases of information — books, articles, websites, and social media. Then, they use NLP to generate fresh content or otherwise improve it based on a set of inputs and instructions, often called prompts.
Prompts can include factors such as topic, tone, and genre of writing to generate articles or content tailored to your requirements. With an AI text generator, you can create long-form content and generate articles, blog posts, social media posts, and email marketing sequences, just to name a few.
AI writers make the creative process faster, leaving you to just touch up the AI-generated text based on your unique tone, emotion, and style.
That said, let’s take a look at the 5 best AI writing tools of 2023, as well as their unique qualities, their pros, cons, and pricing. We’ll also help you determine which AI writer is best for you and give you our recommendations at the end of this article.
5 Best AI Writing Tools
We should begin by saying that “best” is a subjective term. In this guide, you’ll find a list of good AI writing tools, and you’ll have the information to decide if there’s one that’s best for you.
AI writing tools are a little different than what most people imagine. They are there to assist and augment, but the writer is still the captain of the ship — the proofreader, the fact-checker, and the final editor.
If you use AI tools correctly, you can certainly make great gains in writing speed and efficiency.
Let’s explore each of these tools further.
1) Tailwind Ghostwriter
Tailwind Ghostwriter is an AI writer belonging to the Tailwind small business marketing suite. With Tailwind, you can schedule posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, create a content calendar, formulate product descriptions, create email sequences, and yes – generate high-quality AI content all in one toolkit.
Ghostwriter can also focus its output on a particular use case. At this moment, there are 50 options to chose from!
Ghostwriter stands out for its exceptional ability to produce posts with remarkable speed and quality. Moreover, unlike other platforms catering to a broad user base, Ghostwriter’s primary focus is on small businesses, ensuring unparalleled service excellence for this niche.
Tailwind Ghostwriter Pros
- Tailored and fine-tuned to support the copy requirements of small business marketers
- Equipped with sophisticated AI prompts that enhance the output quality for various needs and inputs
- Leverages keywords and phrases automatically to make content more easily accessible by search engines
- Creates natural, human-sounding short and long-form content based on the user’s input and intent
- Generates articles, posts, captions, and text within the ideal standards for every social media or blogging platform while applying best practices
- Has a browser extension that helps you everywhere!
Tailwind Ghostwriter Cons
- Ghostwriter is not a solution for mass-producing AI articles.
Tailwind Ghostwriter Pricing
If you’re looking for a free AI article writer, Tailwind Ghostwriter is a good place to begin because it’s free upon signing up to Tailwind. However, you only get a certain amount of ghostwriter credits, which will limit the frequency with which you can use it.
Tailwind Ghostwriter’s “Free Forever” plan includes 10 monthly Ghostwriter credits. Meanwhile, its Pro Plan gives you 50 ghostwriter credits for $12.99. Advanced Plans go for $19.99 monthly and will give you 250 ghostwriting credits. Lastly, Max Plans go for $39.99 monthly and will give you 500 ghostwriting credits. These prices are available only for annual billing plans.
Needless to say, yearly plans are also available for those who wish to get Tailwind Ghostwriter with a discount.
ChatGPT requires no further introduction considering how it has figured prominently across traditional and social media as a potentially revolutionary tool that may disrupt creative industries across the board.
ChatGPT is a robust AI chatbot created by OpenAI that uses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and supervised/reinforcement learning to generate all sorts of content.
What separates ChatGPT from other AI writing software is that it can remember previous inputs and conversations and use them to produce content. With over 100 million users and counting, ChatGPT is one of the most popular non-specialized AI chatbots.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use user interface/user experience
- Ability to produce human-like conversations and editable content
- Free to use
- Ability to perform high-level natural language processing tasks such as conversation (as one of the top AI chatbots around), text, and article generation, and formulating answers to questions
- High performance, fast content generation
- The quality of copy that ChatGPT produces depends on the quality of the prompt it receives as input. Writing high-quality prompts is a time-consuming process that requires a lot of trial and error and experimentation.
- Needs to improve factual accuracy for more advanced and complex subject matter
- Requires a database update since it is lacking in up-to-date information on the latest developments
- Tends to repeat certain words and phrases, respond with long-winded answers, and inability to simulate human emotion
- Generated content requires fact-checking after production due to its relatively outdated information
- It might feel slow on the free version.
ChatGPT is free to use; however, OpenAI has launched a paid service known as ChatGPT Plus for $20 and is available in the US (at the moment of writing this post). It offers users access to ChatGPT even during peak hours, priority access to the tool’s latest features, and faster response times. Users in other countries need to join the waitlist in order to take advantage of ChatGPT Plus.
Jasper is a robust, versatile toolkit for AI content generation and copywriting launched in 2020. Jasper has come a long way in the short time it has been in the market, first launching as Conversion.ai and then as Jarvis.ai before rebranding to its present-day iteration.
But despite the seemingly constant repackaging, Jasper has largely maintained its status as a major AI writer and content generator out in the market today.
Jasper’s key advantage is its versatility, which allows it to produce content types ranging from full articles, long-form content, landing pages, social media posts, ad campaigns, and email marketing sequences.
While Jasper isn’t without its flaws, it’s fair to say that it can create quality, human-like content that needs just a bit of human editing and proofreading to improve.
Get started free with Tailwind Ghostwriter.
- Over 50+ AI content writing templates regardless of what pricing plan you choose
- Close to human-like content creation capabilities
- Ideal for long-form content generation via AI
- No free trial or free-to-use plan is available
- A short window for refunds
- More expensive than most AI writers in the market
- Sometimes results seem a bit too generic
Jasper offers pricing on a sliding scale based on how many words you wish to produce monthly.
- Boss Mode (starts at $49/month for 50,000 words). Ideal pricing for solo copywriters and content marketing professionals.
- Business (custom plans & pricing tiers). More suited for enterprises and agencies with larger marketing budgets.
Copy.ai is a newcomer to the AI writing scene but is nevertheless rising in prominence as one of the strong AI writer solutions in the market today.
The primary value proposition of Copy.ai is that it can produce content from a vast selection of pre-made content templates ranging from cover letters, email marketing sequences and drips, business plans, product descriptions, job descriptions, real estate advertisements, character biographies, and even resignation letter templates — just to name a few.
- Intuitive and simple user interface
- A vast array of templates to use
- Offers various tone and style customization features
- A free plan (with few limitations)
- Users may run into latency when generating content with Copy.ai.
- Users producing long-form content may have better success using other AI writing tools than Copy.ai.
- As of this writing, it lacks a long-form article generator for blogs and websites.
- Free plan (free for life). Copy.ai offers 2,000 words per month free with access to nearly 100 useful copywriting tools and a week’s trial of Copy.ai’s Pro plan for one user.
- Pro plan (starts at $49/month). The lowest pricing tier allows you to generate 40,000 words’ worth of content per month in over 25 languages, preferred customer service, and access to the latest features that the tool offers with no added charges.
- Enterprise plan (price available upon contact). Agencies and enterprises can take advantage of Copy.ai’s Enterprise plan tailored specifically to their requirements, with full access to what the Pro plan offers, but with exclusive access to Copy.ai’s chatbot, prebuilt workflows, and private company databases.
Rytr ticks all the boxes of a solid, hard-working AI content writer with a full suite of useful features at very competitive price points.
Rytr doesn’t offer anything extremely sophisticated or flamboyant that other AI content generators don’t have, but one thing’s for sure: Rytr delivers exactly what it says it will – a reliable, robust AI content generation tool that simply works.
For example, Rytr offers over 40 AI-enabled writing templates, a blog idea and outline generator, AIDA and PAS copywriting frameworks, ad generators for all major social media platforms, a keyword extractor, and over 20 unique styles and tones of voices to give your generated content that personal human touch that takes AI-generated content to the next level.
- Good value for money
- Excellent free plan
- Intuitive user interface
- Responsive, available chat support
- Pricing plans use montly character limits instead of words
- Lacking in collaboration features
Rytr offers a free monthly plan, a saver plan, and an unlimited plan. Here are their characteristics:
- Free. Rytr’s free plan stands strong with a limit of 10,000 characters, access to over 40 templates, 30 foreign languages, and over 20 tones of voice, not to mention a plagiarism checker.
- Saver ($9/month). Rytr’s Saver plan offers all the same features of its Free plan with a larger character limit (100,000 characters) and the ability to define your own custom templates.
- Unlimited ($29/month). Unlimited plans offer great value for money with an unlimited number of characters. And this plan includes a personal account manager, and VIP chat and email support.
Rytr lacks a refund policy or money-back guarantee, but its Free plan enables you to test out their AI text generator and a full suite of AI writing tools as you desire before you commit to a paid plan.
How Do You Pick The Best AI Writer For Your Needs?
Okay, let’s get one thing straight: AI writers will never replace humans — at least not anytime soon.
Instead, think of AI content generators as tools that help you do your job faster and help you optimize your workflow so that you can manage your time better.
If you manage your expectations about what AI content writing tools can do for you, you might just find that they can be a valuable tool in your writer’s toolkit.
You might want to use them to help you brainstorm topics and research ideas, write whole blog posts, generate content outlines, and form the baseline for content that you will perfect later with that human touch and emotion that AI writers can never replicate. You can use them to help check your blind spots as a writer and ultimately help you become better at your craft. In short, your mileage may vary depending on what you’re looking for out of an AI writer.
If you write a blog as a purely intellectual or personal hobby, then you most likely wouldn’t need to outsource your work to an AI writer.
But if you’re a professional content writer, small business owner, or content marketing professional, then using an AI writer can help you increase your productivity and bottom line by helping you achieve more in a shorter amount of time.
How To Use an AI Writer To Maximize The Benefits?
You will be severely disappointed with AI writing software if you simply plan to plug in random keywords and expect a Shakespearean output with no other work.
For all the impressive developments that AI has achieved over the years, it just doesn’t work like that — they work best with an individual who will put in the work to polish AI-generated output and to create a high-quality article that humans will want to read.
Here are some things you need to keep in mind when using an AI writer:
- Fact-checking. AI writing tools are far from perfect. Just like their human counterparts, AI writers will get their facts straight most of the time, but there will be times when they’ll be wrong. That’s fine. When using an AI writer, perform a sanity check on any statements that it might make. It can be tedious at times, but it’s a must.
- Adding emotion and that human touch. Infusing emotion and personality into content is crucial to connect with readers on a human level. While AI writing tools can assist with structuring and addressing audience queries, the final product should reflect your individual style and taste. It’s essential to remove any biases that AI may introduce and ensure the content aligns with your brand values. Although AI-generated content can be valuable, it cannot replace the unique flair and creativity that a human touch brings.
- Copyediting. AI tools have come a long way from whence they came — and many of them won’t let you down with basic grammatical errors. Nevertheless, it’s still your responsibility to make sure that your t’s are crossed and your i’s are dotted. That is, you should make sure that there are no gaffes with how words are used and that the sentences are written for humans to read.
- Flow and structure. Lastly, it’s on you to ensure that your sentences and paragraphs flow logically and are structured in such a way that your thoughts are organized in a coherent, cohesive fashion.
The bottom line is that you should never forget to embellish AI-generated content with some of your own original content and unique personal touch.
AI tools are great supplementary tools to add to your arsenal as a writer, but it’s up to you to spiff up your article to elevate it to a truly compelling, sophisticated level of prose.
[…] Source link […]
[…] ➡ Not familiar with popular AI writing assistants? See Tailwind’s review of 5 popular tools. […]