Got tickets for an upcoming event to sell? There’s a button for that: the buy tickets button on Instagram! 🎟
Instagram business buttons partner with popular platforms to provide easy calls to action – right on your profile!
The Get Tickets button on Instagram comes from a partnership with Eventbrite. (Head to their partner website to learn more!)
If you set your event up for sales on the site, you can add this Instagram action button to make it even easier for your audience to join in!
Below, we’re covering how to add the Buy Tickets button on Instagram and how it all works to help boost your sales.
How to Sell Tickets on Instagram in 3 Simple Steps
Let’s take some time to cover partners before we get further.
Eventbrite is the only ticket-selling partner Instagram has at this time. Instagram will continue to expand the partner list over time, but right now you have one option!
So, if you’re wondering how to sell tickets on Instagram, you’ll need to set up an Eventbrite account and create your event on the platform!
Let’s tackle the set-up first.
Step One: Set Up Your Event on Eventbrite
First, you’ll need to head over to Eventbrite and create your event. If you don’t have an account, we recommend you sign up with your Facebook business profile.
Why? You’ll need your Facebook Business profile connected to Eventbrite, and your Instagram Business account connected to that Facebook page for the get tickets button on Instagram to work!
Step Two: Add the Get Tickets Button to Your Instagram Profile
Once you have your Eventbrite event all set up, published, and synced to your Facebook business profile (linked to your existing account on Instagram) you can now display the Get Tickets button.
Remember, you need to have an Instagram business account to add this action button to your business profile!
Here’s how to set it up:
- Navigate to your Instagram profile and tap Edit Profile
- Tap Contact Options, then Add an Action Button
- Scroll the list of partners to select Eventbrite
- Copy and paste your event link
- Select Done
Step Three: Promote Your Event on Instagram
Now that you have the “Get Tickets” button live on your Instagram profile, it’s time to spread the word!
Here are some ideas to help you promote your new event on social media with the purchase tickets button:
- Post to your Instagram feed about your event and include a call to action for your followers to click the ‘Get Tickets’ Button. 🆕
- Make an Instagram Stories post about your event! If you have over 10K followers or are verified on Instagram, include a swipe-up link to your event.
If you don’t have the Swipe Up feature in yet, here’s a handy Instagram Stories trick: tag yourself in your IG Story! When people click the tag, they’ll be taken to your profile where they can buy tickets on Instagram. This creates a makeshift call to action button!
- Tap co-hosts, loyal followers, and influencers in your niche to share your Story or post and put the word out! 📣
- Create a giveaway or Instagram contest to promote your event and grab more attention! 🏆
Start a Free Trial of Tailwind for Instagram!
- Schedule photos and videos directly to your Instagram feed with Auto Post.
- Optimize every post for more engagement with SmartSchedule and Hashtag Finder.
- Automatically hide your post’s hashtags in the first comment to keep your caption clean & clutter-free.
- Make your posts more discoverable with user tagging & location tagging.
- Analyze what's working across every post and profile with smart analytics.