If you’ve hit that mid-winter slump and can find NO inspiration for what to post these days, your answer is here! This coming February, spice up your standard social media posts and blog articles with posts inspired by the entire month, week, or day!
Whether well-known or fairly obscure (hello, Ice Cream for Breakfast Day), you’re sure to keep your queue filled and your audience coming back for more with these marketing dates!
February is the Month of….
- National Black History Month
- (Also: African-American History Month) a time to reflect and commemorate important people and events in Black history
- National Library Lover’s Month
- Demonstrates appreciation for all libraries bring to our communities
- American Heart Month
- Raises awareness for heart disease and prevention
- Creative Romance Month
- Emphasizes the importance of creativity and novelty in relationships
- National Bake for Family Fun Month
- Brings families together through baking
February Monthly Post Ideas
Here’s some ways to incorporate these ideas into your social media:
- Read a book or watch a documentary that chronicles the experiences of black people throughout history (here’s a list of a few we like). Share your thoughts on it to your social media; encourage your audience to do the same.
- If you’re a food blogger, make a post about the importance of heart disease prevention and share some heart-healthy recipes!
- If you’re a lifestyle blogger, write a blog post with your most creative date ideas!
- Post a photo of your favorite book to your Instagram stories and remind your followers to support their local libraries (bonus: use the Question feature to ask what their favorite books are)
- If you’re a food or lifestyle blogger, post a picture of you baking with your family. Share some of your favorite go-to recipes or kid-friendly creations.
Important Weeks in February
- International Networking Week- First Week
- Supports the formation and maintenance of professional relationships
- Great American Pizza Bake- Second Week
- Encourages Americans to make their own pizzas at home
- Random Acts of Kindness Week- Week of February 17
- Aims to change the workplace, school, community, and society around us through kindness
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week- Begins Last Week in February
- Raises awareness for the seriousness of eating disorders- and encourages body positivity regardless of body size or type
February Weekly Post Ideas
Here’s how these might be woven into your calendar:
- To celebrate International Networking Week, follow some new accounts in your field; do a giveaway collaboration or shoutout with your partner businesses or influencers on your Instagram stories; or Pin some fresh content from creators you love (bonus: If you’re a Tailwind for Pinterest user, check out Tailwind Communities for even more opportunities to connect with others in your space)
- If you participate in the Great American Pizza Bake, be sure to post a picture of your (messy) process or final product to give your social media a personal touch. If you’re a food-related business, make a blog post of your favorite pizza recipes or wildest pizza toppings
- For Random Acts of Kindness Week, get creative thinking of new ways you can show love to others. Chronicle your acts through your Instagram stories, ask your followers for their suggestions, or, if you prefer for your acts to remain anonymous, simply encourage your audience to partake in the holiday and spread more kindness in their communities
- During National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, repost body positive quotes and graphics to your Instagram stories to support all those who may be struggling
Important Days in February
- National Girls and Women in Sports Day (Feb 3)
- Recognizes the importance of sports in the lives of girls/women
- Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (Feb 6)
- Calls for a sweet treat in the middle of winter
- National Play Outside Day (Feb 6- 1st Saturday of every month)
- Encourages adults and kids alike to get outside for a bit
- Superbowl Sunday (Feb 7)
- National Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day (Feb 11)
- Promotes a positive attitude even when things aren’t going your way
- Galentine’s Day (Feb 13)
- Brings women together to celebrate each other
- Valentine’s Day (Feb 14)
- Mardi Gras (Feb 16)
- A celebration of feasting and festivities before a period fasting with both religious and cultural history
- National Love Your Pet Day (Feb 20)
- Focuses on giving extra attention to our pets
February Monthly Post Ideas
A few ways to use these holidays in your business’s content calendar:
- On “Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk” Day, open up to your audience and share a mistake or problem you’ve had to face in your business recently. A little vulnerability goes a long way in creating a relationship with your customers
- On Galentine’s Day and Valentine’s Day, be sure to highlight the special people in your life. If that’s too personal for you, express your love and appreciation for your followers/customers instead
- If you’re a lifestyle blogger, make a blog post(s) sharing creative recommendations for celebrating the various holidays that occur this month
- If you’re a food blogger, try an Instagram Carousels post showcasing the perfect gameday menu for Superbowl Sunday
- If you currently work from home, try moving your office outside for a bit on National Play Outside Day. Post a pic on your Instagram Stories encouraging your followers to do the same (bonus points if you get some exercise in too!)
- If you’re an ecommerce business, remember to take advantage of Valentine’s Day, Mardi Gras, etc. for giveaways, contests, and promotions you can feature on your social media!
Conclusion: How to Use Monthly Trends In Your Marketing Content
This February, spend less time stressing over your content calendar, gain more reach posting about trending topics, and increase your engagement by creating content your followers can easily relate to. All you have to do is check your calendar 😉
Did we miss one of your favorite dates to celebrate? Let us know in the comments below 👇
P.S. Don’t forget to check back next month for marketing dates in March!