Are you taking advantage of the traffic-boosting power of Pinterest? Are you saving new content regularly, sharing Pins which engage your followers, and remaining consistent to boot? Have you been doing this manually – one Pin at a time – on Pinterest at all hours of the day or night? 😱
If so, major kudos to you. And also – good news! You don’t need to do this anymore. Pinterest has introduced a 100%-free Pin scheduler right inside their app – and it works on desktop or mobile.
How to Schedule Posts to Pinterest
There are multiple ways to schedule pins to Pinterest. The best Pinterest scheduler really depends on you and your brand. There are multiple options, and we’ll cover them all here.
Pinterest Pin Scheduler
Here’s the scoop: from desktop or iOS or Android you can save up to 100 Pins up to 2 weeks in advance. That’s it. No bells, no whistles, no editing previously scheduled content – but it works.
Steps to Schedule Using Pinterest
- Click on the + button in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Choose the “Create Pin” option.
- Upload your image and fill in your Pin’s title, description, and destination website (your URL).
- Click on the little pencil icon next to “Schedule date Immediately.”
- Choose and schedule a date and time up to two weeks away. You’ll want to schedule at the best times for you – the times when your followers are most likely to be on Pinterest and engaged.
Pros of using Pinterest to Schedule Pins:
- You already know your way around Pinterest
- It’s free!
- You can have up to 100 Pins scheduled at one time
Cons of using Pinterest to Schedule Pins:
- You can only schedule up to 2 weeks in advance
- You can only schedule one Pin at a time
- You can’t schedule more than 100 Pins ahead
- Once they’re scheduled you can’t edit them (but you can delete them)
How to See Your Scheduled Pins on Pinterest
Just head over to your profile and click on “Pins” to see the Pins you’ve scheduled. You won’t be able to edit them, but you can click on, then delete them or choose to have them sent out immediately.
Using a Pinterest Pin Scheduling Tool
If you are a company who either uses Pinterest often or intends to use it often in the future, you may find that Pinterest’s scheduler doesn’t quite meet your needs.
Sure, it’s great not having to manually Pin every day, or several times a day. But at a certain point, you’ll likely find it’s worth it to invest in time-saving, results-building features.
So let’s get into another option – a Pinterest scheduling tool. We’ll use Tailwind as our example:
- A SmartSchedule that sends out your Pins at the best times for engagement (meaning more distribution for your Pins!)
- Unlimited Pin scheduling
- Create beautiful images faster than ever and send them to your drafts with a click
- A simple browser extension for on-the-go scheduling
- The ability to schedule weeks and months in advance (life happens!)
- Insights into individual Pin success
- Tailwind Communities – A way to collaborate with other content creators in your niche
- SmartLoop – A smart, simple way to reshare your best content for more distribution
- One platform for all of your social content needs – you can create, optimize, and schedule your Pins all in one place
- You can start for free!
- It’s a new platform, and although it’s extremely simple to use, it is a new platform to learn
- For unlimited scheduling, you can add cost ($9.99/month)
Then, when your business gets to the point that you find that your time is worth more than the cost of a time-saving tool, well, you can PowerUp and take full advantage of Create, Communities, and SmartLoop, too.
Conclusion: How to Schedule Pins to Pinterest
Pinterest has a great free tool for scheduling Pins. It’s limited in features and in the number of Pins you can schedule, but it’s a great way to try it out and see what scheduling can do for your Pinterest marketing – and for your calendar!
Start a Free Trial of Tailwind for Pinterest!
Alisa Meredith is Pinterest Product Specialist at Tailwind — — your new Marketing team, helping you create social media designs, schedule posts, and optimize across Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest with one easy-to-use social media management tool. She is a sought-after speaker and teacher on Pinterest and Promoted Pins in particular, having spoken at Social Media Marketing World, Agents of Change and appearing on The Art of Paid Traffic and Social Pros podcasts. Alisa has invested heavily in becoming an expert in her craft – realizing (and loving) the fact that the learning never ends! She lives in coastal North Carolina with her pampered pets Pepe the couch potato Cavapoo, and more cats than she’d like to admit to.