Have you heard about the new Pinterest for Shopify app? This integration debuted in May of 2020 to help e-commerce businesses navigate COVID-19.
And we have to admit, it’s a game-changer.
If you’re in the e-commerce space, check out the five fast facts you’ll want to know about this incredible partnership!
1. Adding Pinterest to Shopify is Super Easy
And we mean easy. It takes just a few clicks!
Prior to the integration, Pinterest users had to do quite a bit of legwork on the backend of Pinterest and Shopify to get everything connected. From verifying your site with Pinterest to adding tags to your web code and importing your catalog – it could get tricky.
But those days are behind us! Set-up happens in just a few clicks. Here’s how to connect Pinterest to Shopify:
- Open your Shopify Admin Dashboard
- Click the Plus Icon next to Sales Channels on the left menu
- Scroll the list of suggested Sales Channels until you find Pinterest
- Tap the purple Plus Icon
- Review the Permissions and Sharing screen and click Add Sales Channel
- On the next screen, click Connect Account
- Select Give Access to authorize the Pinterest for Shopify App
And that’s it! Everything Shopify merchants need to sell products on Pinterest is automatically added – no code required.
2. Rich Pin and Conversion Tags Are Automatically Added to Your Site
Before the launch of the new app, the process to link Pinterest to Shopify was, in a word, complex. In order to enable Analytics, Rich Pins and add your catalog to Pinterest from Shopify, you had to add tags to the code of your website.
And if you’re not a coding whiz, that could be intimidating!
Consider all the stress and steps erased. By enabling the new integration, all the steps happen automatically – and a few more! Here’s what happens:
- A Pinterest Ad account is created
- Your product catalog is synced to Pinterest
- Pinterest will create and publish Product Pins for you
- The Pinterest Tag is connected to your Shopify website, allowing you to see conversion insights and build targeting
3. Product Pins Are Easy to Create, Publish and Manage with the Pinterest App on Shopify
Creating Product Pins that get in front of new audiences happens seamlessly when you add Pinterest to your Shopify sales channels.
As long as your the products in your Shopify Pinterest feed have these fields filled out, your account will automatically create and publish Product Pins:
- Product Image
- Product Type
However, if any of these fields are missing, the product won’t be automatically synced and eligible for advertising.
You can also control what Shopify products are available on Pinterest by checking a box!
Just go to individual products on your Shopify product page and click Manage Sales Channels to the right.
A pop-up will appear, and checking or unchecking the box next to Pinterest removes or adds that product to your Pinterest sales channel.
4. Get a $100 Shopify Pinterest Ad Credit When Signing Up (North America)
Promoting your Pins on Pinterest is easier than ever – and Shopify and Pinterest are sweetening the deal. First time Pinterest advertisers in North America get a $100 credit when they publish their first Pinterest Ad!
With the relatively low cost of Pinterest Ads to begin with, this is a great boost for your Pinterest marketing budget and create ads that sell.
To get the credit, you must:
- Be a new Pinterest advertiser, or you have not advertised within the last 90 days
- Connect your Pinterest Business account to your Shopify account
- Accept Pinterest’s Business Terms of Service
- Be a legal resident of the United States or Canada
- Be at least 18 years old
The credit is automatically applied to your bill, and expires one year after issue! It also can’t be combined with any other offers.
5. Your Followers Will See A Shop Tab on Your Pinterest Profile
Pinterest’s new Shop tab feature makes getting your Product Pins in front of your target audience even easier. Your shoppable Product Pins (and Rich Product Pins) will appear under a designated Shop tab on your Pinterest Profile.
When you’re approved for the Pinterest Verified Merchant Program, your Product Pins also appear in related Shop Tabs, suggestions in Pinterest Boards and Pin searches, and Pinterest feeds.
Combined together with Shopify, these features really maximizes the reach and selling power for your Shopify Store!
Schedule Your Product Pins with Tailwind
Did you know that when you have Product Rich Pins set up, you can save new product-focused Pins to Pinterest as usual, and your product information like price and description is pulled over automatically? No extra work required.
And don’t forget, Pinterest wants fresh content, so you’ll want to focus on creating and saving new products and blog posts to Pinterest consistently.
We’re a Pinterest-approved Partner and our scheduling tool helps you Pin right when your followers are most likely to engage with your Pins.
Get a free trial of Tailwind for Pinterest to get access to all our Pinterest publishing tools.[sc name=”create-cta-white-ecommerce”]