Facebook and Instagram offer the ability for creators to work directly with brands to create branded content. This allows the creator to clearly show that a post is a paid promotion and allows the brand to gain insights and promote the post. This also gives us an easier, more natural way to pay to promote your affiliate content to help you earn more commissions!
These branded posts are available on:
- Instagram feed posts
- Instagram Stories
- Facebook Posts (including links, videos, and photos)
- Facebook Lives (including Watch Parties)
Get Started with Instagram Brand Collabs
Instagram has a few guidelines for brand partnerships. You can read the full description here.
- You must be approved by a partner to create sponsored content with the brand. Please send me an email at [email protected] to gain approval.
- You must have a creator or business account (not personal) on Instagram. The next section shows how to switch accounts.
- You must have “Save to Archive” and “Allow Resharing to Stories” turned on (switch flipped to blue) to create a branded Instagram story:
A Few “Good to Know” Tips:
- Tailwind will have access to your Stories after 24 hours
- We can see insights and analytics on the posts and Stories
- We will be able to promote the posts through our Facebook ads account
How to Switch to a Professional Account
Instagram only allows Professional accounts to connect to paid brand promotions.
If you have a personal account, it will be a simple switch.
- Click into your options from your Instagram profile (three lines in the top right)
- Click on Settings ⚙️
- Click on Account
- Click on “Switch to Professional Account”
- Select the “Creator” option or the “Business” option
- Follow prompts
- That’s it! You’re good to go.
Creating a Brand Partnership Feed Post
- Create your feed post as your normally would – load photos, add any filters, type in caption, etc.
- On the screen before the post goes live, scroll to the bottom and click on “Advanced settings”:
- Click on the “Tag a Business Partner” option.
- Search for “tailwindapp” as a partner and click on our profile:
*Important note: if you get a notification that you need to be approved, please email me at [email protected] to expedite the process.
- Flip the switch on for “Allow Business Partner to Promote”
- When the post is published, it will show the “Paid partnership with tailwindapp” at the top of your post.
If you are creating a feed post promoting Tailwind, be sure to tag @tailwindapp in the caption.
Creating a Brand Partnership Story Post
- Load in the video or image for Stories as you normally would.
Click on the link icon.
- Add a link to the Year in Review landing page.
Your individual UTM’d link will be in the email I sent you.
- Tag Tailwind as a business partner in the story and turn on “Allow Business Partner to Promote”
- The Story will show in your Story feed as a Paid partnership
Getting Started with Facebook Brand Collabs
Facebook allows you to tag a sponsor in your posts, but you first need to be approved to use the tool. It’s a simple process where you just select the page you would like to use the branded content tool on and submit it for approval:
You can apply to gain access here. It typically takes less than a day for Facebook to review your request.
Once you have approval, all you need to do is:
- Create your post. This could be a link to a blog post, a photo, a video, or however you choose to promote Tailwind.
- Click on “Tag Sponsor” or this symbol: .
- Type in “Tailwind” to tag us. Make sure it’s the account with our logo and the address “111 Harrison”.
- Make sure the box that says “Allow business partner to boost this post” is checked.
Once you share your post, we will be able to review it for promotion. Please send me an email if you run into any issues! [email protected]