Our mission is to make world class marketing easy for everyone.
Pretty big mission, right? That’s why we need your help!See Open Roles
- Our Culture
- Benefits & Perks
- See Open Roles
We’ve built an industry-leading visual marketing platform that helps over 200,000 brands and small businesses drive ROI on Pinterest and Instagram.
Marketing & Analytics is just the beginning though. Content is a $50Bn industry that is becoming more visual by the day and we've only scratched the surface of tapping into these opportunities. Armed with data, we're building products that help make the industry smarter, more approachable and able to deliver a much more engaging experience to consumers.
We're growing quickly -- over 100% year-over-year and we're profitable too! We care deeply about our customers and build products that actually makes their lives better, which is why our churn is close to 0%.
The Meaning behind our mission
While we work with some large brands, our true focus is on the small business. Our platform isn't built for full-time marketers like all the others. Instead, we focus obsessively on solving the problems that small business owners and self-marketers face every day.
Small business owners usually don't have marketing degrees or data analysts on staff. Their hands are already full and learning the ins and outs of marketing isn’t usually a top priority. That's why we believe small business owners have the biggest untapped opportunities across digital marketing, and focus obsessively on solving the unique problems they face.
Our tools empower them to answer their toughest (yet simple) questions like, "where do I start?", "is this working?", or "what should I post?". This enables them to learn, reach new customers, grow their income, and finally consider these once daunting endeavors as attainable.
The biggest disruptions and breakthroughs come when something previously unreachable is made accessible to a large group of people. That's what we believe we can achieve in the world marketing.
Our team and culture is our #1 priority, by far. We understand that nothing is more important to the long term success of our company than the culture that we foster.
- We're a small team, quickly growing team of data nerds and startup veterans (hailing from Google, Youtube, and Merrill Lynch), and we're tackling meaningful challenges every single day.
- We value building a smart, talented, and passionate team that learns from each other and challenges one another to accomplish extraordinary things.
- We believe in the value of an accelerated rate of learning
- We have an open, transparent compensation system.
- We really really care about our customers, and it shows. See what our members are tweeting about us here.
We think our industry’s lack of diversity hurts us all. Technology is too important to not represent everyone. That’s why we work hard to foster a company culture that’s inclusive and appreciative of everyone’s talent, authenticity, and ideas — regardless of our differences. 🌈 💙 🤗See Open Roles
At Tailwind, our values guide and influence both our culture and our actions, from how we decide which products to build to how we work with each other every day.
Perks & Benefits
Tailwind is a two-city company, growing in both New York City and Oklahoma City. We pride ourselves on being able to effectively collaborate across this divide on a daily basis. We also greatly value the virtues of face-to-face interaction, and make a point to encourage travel between offices as an essential facet of team-building.
Engineering at Tailwind
Here's just a few of the things you'll experience:
- Work with huge amounts of data at scale (30TB+), database tables with millions and millions of rows.
- Exciting high-growth product, with many technical challenges including scale and leveraging advanced technologies (ML, NLP, computer vision).
- Always something new - majority of dev work is in building new innovative features. Features you build will be used by thousands of engaged users each day.
- Always improving and evolving our stack - currently establishing React as our primary front-end framework, exploring React Native for mobile.
- Team mates expected to take ownership/responsibility out of the gate. New team members will be pushing code on day 1.
- Very agile development process, deploying many times each day.
- Strong focus on customers and product innovation - engineers are intimately involved in the product development and decision-making processes, from direct access to our customers and participating in customer research, to product roadmapping, implementation, testing, shipping, measuring, iteration, etc.
- Ability to work with exclusive Pinterest and Instagram APIs at scale as an official partner of both platforms.
- Elastic Search
Our product development process and workflow is constantly evolving as the team grows, with the goal of keeping it as organic (i.e. invisible) as possible. However, there are few constants that persist: Practicing Lean Methodology - Build, Measure, Learn, Iterate and making data-driven decisions
We're a product/tech company at the core, and because of this, we have a very strong
tech culture and focus on developer growth and support. We run an Agile Development
process, with bi-weekly "sprints" and Continuous Deployment. A few things that help
ensure this process hums within our growing team:
• Lots of team collaboration - the practice of Code Reviews and Pair Programming are essential arrows in our quiver.
• We believe in the concept of Ownership: when you work on something, you own it from concept to functional code to QA to iteration after shipping.
• Bi-weekly lunch-and-learns, open source contributions encouraged, etc.